Updated: Feb 23
Dominant Beliefs about Fitness:
- No pain, no gain.
- Running is the only truly effective cardio exercise.
- Lifting weights will make me bulky.
- I need to go to the gym to get fit, or have fancy equipment.
- Fitness is only for the able-bodied.
Comfy Fitness Beliefs:
- Exercise should feel good.
- Checking in rather than checking out during exercise is key to building a healthy relationship with your body.
- The best type of exercise is the one that you enjoy and look forward to doing.
- True strength isn't just about how much you can pick up. It's also about how much you can let go of.
- Fitness is for EVERY body. The only true barrier to it is a lack of curiosity.
What current fitness beliefs do you hold that are unhelpful to your wellness goals and desires?