Mon, Aug 22|
Happy Hour with the Comfy Crew - Anna Hosting
Time & Location
Aug 22, 2022, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM CDT
About the Event
Our team members wanna hang with you, so we've created a series of happy hours for our community. This is a great opportunity to meet Comfy's movement guides on a personal level and for us to deepen our relationship with YOU in a way we aren't able to while teaching class.
Every one of our movmement guides has an incredible background of experience and education, not to mention we all take part in several activities outside of the Comfy umbrella. Our individual intersts are highly influential in how we show up to teach and the lens through which we each view our vocation...
Each monthly happy hour in the series will be hosted by one of our guides individually.
This month's host with the most is Anna Schabold. After over a decade of friendship and cross-pollination with Comfy Fitness, our dream came true when she joined our team last year! Anna has been teaching yoga since 2009, is a practicing structural integration bodyworker and is trained in Western herbalism. Under her deep and impressive knowledge base is one of the most grounded, kind, and funny people we've come to know.
Some extra tidbits on Anna that may come as a surprise or make you realize you have more in common than you knew:
- Chicago born & raised - grew up in East Rogers Park
- Fellow mud wrestler with the Mudqueens of Chicago (how she met Kira)
- Currently tending to her first outdoor garden in a raised bed with Peterson Garden Project in the GrowUptown location
- Devoted horror fan, always on the lookout for a new movie or book to read, will talk for hours about favorites like The Exorcist, Rosemary’s Baby, The Thing, Hellraiser, and the Alien Franchise
- Enthusiast of heavy metal and punk rock, her favorite live music venue in the city is the Empty Bottle on Western Ave
- Loves to feed the people she loves, and is a skillful home cook - learned everything she knows from her Mom, Dad, and Grandma Schabold
To celebrate Anna's love for gathering with folks to eat delicious food this time of year, she invites you to bring a snack/beverage to the happy hour that you'd like to not only enjoy, but also do some show-and tell or recipe sharing around. We can't wait to spend the hour with you and see what you bring!
Happy Hour with Anna$0.00